Section 13(3) of the Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Act, 2011: – caters for children who were born before the parent acquired Kenyan citizenship.
Section 13 (4) of the Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Act, 2011:- provides that a child or a person with disability who is a dependent of any biological parent or legal guardian who is a citizen of Kenya by registration shall upon an application made on their behalf in a prescribed manner be registered as a citizen of Kenya
Section 14 of the Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Act, 2011: – provides that a child who is not a citizen, but is adopted by a citizen, is entitled to apply for registration as a citizen provided that the adopting parent can prove their Kenyan citizenship.
- Duly completed application Form (11) attested to by a Commissioner for Oaths
- 2 passport size photographs
- Copy of birth certificate or local adoption certificate
- Copy of parents’ Kenyan passport and identity card
- Copy of dependent’s pass
- Original certificate of Good conduct for children above 18years — FEE – KSHS.20,000