- Processing of Kenya citizenship applications which include lawful residents, spouses of Kenyan citizens, children of registered Kenyans, widows/widowers, migrants, stateless persons and their descendants.
- Processing and registering of voluntary renunciation of Kenya Citizenship.
- Processing and registering dual citizenship disclosures.
- Processing and registering applications to regain Kenya Citizenship and
- Issuance and dispatch of citizenship certificates of registration to the applicants.
- Interacting and providing information about the clients’ citizenship applications.
- Resolving clients’ complaints regarding their applications
Citizenship Policy- Justification For Grant Of Kenya Citizenship
The grant of Kenya citizenship is intended to contribute towards socio-economic development of the country. In this regard, grant of Kenya citizenship:
- Enhances foreign investment in the country by increasing investors’ confidence;
- Increases the remittances and investment from ex – Kenyans and Kenyans in the Diaspora;
- Reduces statelessness in the country in conformity with the international law as well as promoting welfare of vulnerable persons in Kenya;
- Contributes to the achievement of Government Agenda (big four agenda) by giving long term residence to investors in the core sectors of the economy;
- Enhances creation of employment and generation of revenue for the government through taxation; and
- Enhances family unification of spouses and children.
Contacts for Citizenship Section
Tel. No: +254-707-658755