Section 15(1) of the Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Act, 2011: -provides that any person who does not have an enforceable claim to citizenship of any recognized state and has been lawfully living in Kenya for a continuous period since 12th December, 1963 is eligible for registration as a citizen of Kenya.
Sub section 2 states: -Applications under this section shall be made within a period of five years from the date of commencement of this Act and may by notice in the gazette be extended by the Cabinet Secretary for an additional period of three years.
- Duly completed application Form 13 attested to by a Commissioner for Oaths
- 2 Passport size photographs
- Copy of birth Certificate
- Original certificate of good conduct
- Proof of Residence in Kenya since 12/12/1963
- A sworn affidavit of the continuous residence in Kenya