Skip to content
Go to Top
- Acquiring Kenyan Citizenship entails rigorous processes and procedures and would require a bit time of patience.
- No as a Birth Certificate is not a document of citizenship. A person is a citizen by birth if at the date of his or her birth; one of the parents is or was a citizen of Kenya. This is regardless of where the person is or was born
- Yes, you can apply of an ID and A passport.
- If you acquired citizenship of another country before the Promulgation of the new Constitution 2010 and was above the age of 23yrs, you automatically lose your Kenyan Citizenship.
- (No, the centralized processing of cards allocates an individual a unique number called individual Number the first-time biometrics. This will be maintained every other time the person goes through the registration process)
- It takes 5 working days. Applicant advised to apply a week before the expiry of current visa
- No, they don’t apply for the Alien Card.
- Six weeks from the date of biometric capture.
- Renewals are done based on immigration status of the applicant i.e. permits, student pass (for those over 18yrs) dependent pass, permanent residence certificate. except special pass holders.
- Print it out from your eFNS account once issued